Have you heard of someecards.com? With the slogan “when you care enough to hit send,” this site has brilliantly captured the tackiness that so often characterizes e-communication using the tool that started it all: the ecard.
You can search through dozens of categories including, “cry for help” and “somewhat topical,” and even create your own. I just made this one to try it out and confirmed that it only takes a minute. Consider yourself warned though: I imagine it could quickly turn into a battle of wit - with yourself. Here is a sampling of some of the best I read but there are plenty more where these came from. Which one is your favorite?
- “Let’s force a jaded wait staff to go through the motions of singing you ‘Happy Birthday’”(send)
- “Labor Day is a great opportunity to reflect on what you failed to accomplish this summer” (send)
- “I still haven’t decided why I can’t come to your party”(send)
- “Sorry your country has won fewer Olympic medals than Michael Phelps”(send)
- “Let’s takes things to the previous level”(send)
- “Sorry I spent three seconds reviewing the wedding invitation you spent three months on”(send)
- “You must be excited to try convincing people you’re excited to move to Brooklyn”(send)
- “Sorry your outdated religious views dismantled our perfectly fine relationship”(send)
- “I’m leaning towards voting for the presidential candidate not endorsed by the worst president in American history”(send)
- “I wish you’d taken the time to Google me”(send)
- “You’ll never guess what I got you from your registry of pre-selected gifts”(send)
- “Your Starbucks drink order embarrasses me”(send)