Kudos to those who answered this week’s poll. Unfortunately, I forgot to include a “who are you?” question so can only guess who these came from. These are some practical ways to go green.
Before you read these, answer this week’s poll (speaking of green). Tax returns are coming and last week I won a $300 gift - an ipod touch - in a technology competition that I’m going to return so tell me: What would you do with an extra $300?
- Turn down heat. Wear a sweater. Turn up air conditioner. Take sweater off.
- Install a ceiling fan. It’s much better than air conditioning.
- I drive an H3 around the parking lot for hours looking for the perfect spot. Then I take the elevator up and down, stopping at every floor for about an hour. Afterwards I turn on every light I can in the office. Okay, so seriously I park in the first spot I see and don’t really mind walking great distances. And whenever I can (as in when my arms aren’t full) I take the stairs. The best part of taking the stairs is that not only are you saving energy, but you’re also getting a little bit of a workout in. It’s no lose!
- Three people said this: I use reusable shopping bags. Added bonus: Complete several errands in one trip.
- I recycle.
- I take the train to work most days! I second this and have never owned a car (though I do fly a lot).